Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Interloper!


There is an interloper in our midst.

I first noticed not too many days ago. I was enjoying the company of a woman called "Nana," who was hired to entertain me whilst Mother and Father took some leave I granted them. All of a sudden, in walked Mother and Father.

And the interloper.

He was large, as large as me, but not so giant as Mother or Father. Unlike them, his body was covered in this odd fluffy substance Mother and Father call "fur" and he wore nothing on his body as my loyal subjects and I would.

That transgression from the norms I have established was bad enough. To cap it off, he was loud, boisterous, could never sit still. Alternatively, he'd prostrate himself on the ground and be unreachable in coma for hours at a time.

It has been nigh on eighteen days since this interloper turned up on the doorstep of my kingdom, Eighteen days hence, he is still here.

Mother and Father call this blasted creature a "puppy," and keep waving at me screaming "Willow!" How..dull. I must admit, much to my dismay, that this interloper, this "puppy," this "Willow," can entertain me with his spasmodic running after this small round object known as a "ball."

I do not know how long this being will stay. Mother and Father say they hope it will be for years. I do not know how long "years" are but I get the impression it is a considerable length of time. I suppose I shall have to tolerate him. I have already punished Mother and Father with some rudimentary sleep deprivation. They appear to be remorseful. But, as a kindly ruler, 'tis with misgivings I shall allow this Willow to stay.

I am, after all, a good and giving King.



His Royal Highness Finn Aleister the 1st.

2 comments: