Friday, April 16, 2010

One year

One year ago today, I jumped in the car and ran down to the local chemist. I bought a home pregnancy test two pack, then sped back home again, dropping my bag and sprinting to the loo.

Five minutes later, I saw that second pink line. In an instant, my life had changed.

I cried. I whooped. I called Evan and told him off for his underwhelming reaction. I regained my senses and called the doctor to make an appointment. I took photos of the positive test, before I safely tucked it away in my drawer for prosperity.

I look at Finn now - the way he giggles, the way he cries, the way he grunts when he lifts his head up off the floor, the way he grows overnight - and it amazes me that his presence in my life began as a thin strip of dark pink.

3 comments:

  1. It is strange to think Mother's Day last year we were just hearing about all this excitment and this year instead of a wee yet to be defined bump you will have a beautiful and oh so wiggley little boy to be cuddling! Enjoy (hope breakfast in bed is coming your way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Jaime, time just flies by! I hope breakfast in bed is on the cards too!

    ReplyDelete