Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Teething of His Royal Highness

Oh calamity! Alas, alack, forsooth and woe is me. I, His Royal Highness Finn Aleister the 1st, am teething.

This is a terrible day. The pain, oh it is incredible! My gums ache and bleed. I find this horrible clear liquid dribbling down my chin. Mother and Father keep shoving their fingers in my mouth or rubbing this odd clear substance on my raw gums that is oddly soothing. It is Mother who told me this horrendous process is known as "teething." I heard her tell Father that soon they will start me on solids. I do not know what these "solids" are but they better be good and make this pain worth it! I will not take any tom-foolery from my subjects lying down!

The Interloper has been making life challenging for my subjects and they do not serve me hand and foot as they once did, though truly I am not neglecting. The beast keeps chewing on chair legs, shoes and what have you. Mother says he is also teething - well my teeth hurt too, but I have the self-control and dignity to not chew on furniture!

This whole affair is very trying. I do confess, I grow weary of this teething.

Yet, at the back of my mind, I know that this is an initiation into something greater, something "manlier," as it were. Something called "solids."

3 comments:

  1. Darakat, sometimes you have to laugh or you'll cry. Truly, teething is torturous for one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really want to go 'Awwwwww'. LOL.

    ReplyDelete