Monday, June 14, 2010

Story 4: Play


Here is the aforementioned play mat that His Royal Highness likes to have dragged into my room, so he can lie on the floor and distract me from whatever my current literary pursuit is.

On this particular day, His Highness had decided that the best game to play was "I am tired but want to stay up so I will make you hold my dummy while I wrap my arms around your hand in a vice-like grip. Additionally, I will fix you with a Mesmer stare, rendering you hypnotised so you cannot escape! Muahahaha!"

Sounds a little like the title of a Ricki Lake episode, if you ask me.

His Royal Highness still enjoys this game, but these days he usually wants it in the context of before-sleep preparations. Fortunately, these measures usually only take a few minutes to induce sleep and I can have my hand back within five minutes. Feeling usually returns within the hour.

I still prefer "Flying Baby" to "I am tired but want to stay up so I will make you hold my dummy while I wrap my arms around your hand in a vice-like grip. Additionally, I will fix you with a Mesmer stare, rendering you hypnotised so you cannot escape! Muahahaha!" It's just punchier!

~

As you may have guessed, there really wasn't much of a story behind "Play," worth writing about. Let that be a lesson to me to pick better photos next time!

1 comment: