Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Improbable pursuit of writing and motherhood

My name is Nicky and I am a Writer Mama.

We're a funny lot, us Writer Mamas. Not for us the leisurely 9 -5 day. Oh no. A Writer Mama can be found clackety-clacking away at her computer at all hours. She can be found scratchety-scratching in her journal in between nappy changes. Even in her dreams she is plotting her next novel while her dream-self folds laundry.

In short, we're multitaskers. We're also passionate, determined and, probably, just a bit mad.

With that in mind, this blog will be somewhat of a multitasker. Here I will muse on the changes in me since becoming a mother, the inevitable evolution of my writing and the fine tuning and negotiation required to balance the two parts of my life - writing and motherhood. You'll also see funny lists, parenting in-jokes and book reviews on relevant publications.

My co-host (who introduced himself in the previous post) is Finn Aleister. Born on December 18, 2009, Finn is now ten weeks old and getting bigger by the minute. I hope you find his contributions as enlightening as I do!

Now, if you excuse me, his Royal Highness is thwarting my writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment