Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Birth of His Royal Highness Finn Aleister the 1st

I have decided it was time to impart my memories of the day I was "born."

It had been a pleasant morning. I'd woken up, rolled over, had a nap. I was quite hungry, though, I must admit and the bellpull I'd been tugging on since before I could remember seemed to be out of order. It was most frustrating.

I remember murmured voices but that was nothing unusual. In my cosy one bedroom apartment, complete with daily hot bath, I often heard the murmur of voices and muffled sounds. I never considered them part of the outside world, they were just part of my world.

On this particular day, though, there were new sounds. Three voices I didn't recognise, deep voices. I could feel my little home compressing oddly and the hot water slushing around more than usual. It was a most odd sensation.

At one point, I felt myself being tumbled, like I was often, in a backwards falling motion. To my abject horror, though, something new happened. I felt a cold sensation on my rear end, as though a hole had been torn in my cosy home. I looked around and saw with terror that there was, in fact, a hole and not only that, but a pair of giant hands were coming toward me.

Well, I did what any sensible young man would do. I scooted out of the way! The more I tried t escape these hands, though, the more the pursued me. On top of that, the warm water that had held me all these days was trickling away, accompanied by a sucking noise.

I was, to say the least, most unimpressed.

All of a sudden, I felt myself being enclosed by these hands and lifted upward until I suddenly broke into this blindingly light room, full of strange blue giants and beeping noises. Like the sensible young man I am, I screamed.

I was carried through the air, wrapped in some warm soft substance and placed on someone's head. It was a warm, female someone with an incredibly familiar scent. Don't tell me I’ve been living inside a giant woman, I thought.

Her scent was comforting to me though, as it reminded me of home, and I calmed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment