Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Birth of His Royal Higness Finn Aleister the 1st (concluded)

It was not to last for long, though, because I was whipped away and placed in the arms of a different, harder body. This person had a familiar scent to them as well but I couldn't place it and I recognised his voice. I let him hold me while I waited for that giant to come back so I could go home. I tried to think of ways to find my way back into my warm cosy apartment and refill it. Where would I get enough water? I wondered.

Eventually I was moved around and found my nose tickled by a scent. I found myself being placed on someone's chest and instantly recognised her as the giant woman who'd kept my apartment inside of her. I cuddled up to her, enjoying the smell of home, wondering if I was going to be allowed back in or if I'd have to make a new home out here.

I heard more voices telling me that this was Mother and that the male giant was Father. "They're going to look after you,” they said. I started crying from exhaustion and found myself being cuddled and soothed. I somehow fell into a dreamless sleep and woke up still being cuddled warmly.

It was then it dawned on me. I was here as their new ruler. Every whim I had, every desire, they would fulfil. Mother was a giant but she was at my beck and call day and night. Perhaps I was needed for some special reason? Perhaps they needed a strong leader to direct their days?

Well, I could do that. I am smart person, I thought. I will be such a ruler that all the other kings in the world will look to me for inspiration, I will be firm but fair and command respect. It also occurred to me that Mother and Father may become tired in their never-ending quest to please their sovereign, so I decided that here and there, I would allow them two, maybe three hours rest, before attending to my needs again. I believed in charity, after all. A leader need not be cruel to be effective!

And I since that day, I have been a charitable yet demanding King. Mother and Father seem happy in doting on me hand and foot.

Mother is currently typing away at Father's "computer." Every so often she turns to look at me and make a funny face or silly voice at me. I find it all very undignified but I indulge her with a smile because I know it amuses her so and, after all, I am a benevolent ruler.

No comments:

Post a Comment